CarbonX™ ezPC+CF is made using our easy to print ezPC Polycarbonate and reinforced with premium high-modulus carbon fiber. This material offers excellent printability, high thermal properties, strength & stiffness, superior dimensional stability, and an amazing surface finish. This will become your new go-to for engineering-grade parts.
Benefits of CarbonX™ ezPC+CF Include:
- High thermal properties, especially when reinforced with carbon fiber
- Amorphous structure gives it low, near isotropic shrinkage (very low CTE)
- Further improved stiffness and dimensional stability with the addition of carbon fiber reinforcement
- Very low odor emitted while printing
- Wide processing range of 260-280°C (suitable for most desktop printers)
1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
Recommended Print Settings:
- Extruder: 260-280°C
- Bed Temp: 80-100°C
- Nozzle: We currently recommend a hardened steel nozzle with a minimum diameter of 0.4mm.
- Other: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers smaller than 0.2mm with carbon fiber reinforced filaments.
- Bed Prep: Nano Polymer Adhesive gives us the best results
- Heated Chamber: Recommended
- Supports: Water soluble AquaTek X1 USM works great for complex parts.
- Drying Instructions: 80°C for 4+ hours.